At Barry Andrews Homes, we’ve been building certified green homes since before being green was cool.
We are proud to offer certified green homes that have earned the Energy Star© label.
ENERGY STAR qualified new homes are substantially more energy efficient than
homes built to the minimum code requirements.
Our ENERGY STAR qualified new homes are independently verified by a third party
Home Energy Rater to ensure they meet ENERGY STAR energy efficiency guidelines.
These homes are better for the environment and better for you.
Standard features in our green homes include:
- Thermal Enclosure System
- High Efficiency HVAC System
- Water Management Systems
- ENERGY STAR windows and doors
- ENERGY STAR certified lighting and appliances
- Independent testing and verification
Visit the ENERGY STAR website for more information.
Green Home Builders
We are award-winning green home builders building in Harford County, Maryland. .Buying an ENERGY STAR certified home is a big step towards saving money on your energy bills, and doing your part to protect our planet. But it doesn’t stop there.
Thinking and living green isn’t just a fad; it’s becoming a way of life, preserving our traditions and the beauty of nature at the same time providing a healthy lifestyle. Here are some things to practice and consider on a daily basis.
- Use your programmable thermostat (standard in all our homes)
- Continue to use CFL light bulbs (standard in all our homes)
- Continue to purchase Energy Star Products such as appliances, doors and windows (standard in all our homes)
- Turn off lights when leaving a room
- Plant native trees in your landscape (standard for all our homes)
To learn more on what it means to live green, click here.
As part of our commitment to you and building the very best, we partner with only the best. Below is a list of our highly regarded partners who help us give you your quality dream home.
To view our awards and to see Barry Andrews in the news, click here. (this can be a pdf).
Call Barry Andrews Homes today at 443-987-8325 or use our contact form to schedule a visit to one of our homes for sale, or to visit one of our new home communities where you can pick your own lot and floor plan. We look forward to working with you!